Bobby Brown arrested for DUI in Van Nuys
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Singer Bobby Brown was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in Van Nuys on Monday afternoon, authorities said.
The California Highway Patrol pulled the R&B singer over near Victory Boulevard and Wilbur Avenue for allegedly talking on his cell phone at 12:20 p.m. After failing a field sobriety test, he was arrested and booked at the Van Nuys Jail.
The 43-year-old Brown was released on his own recognizance shortly before 2 p.m.
Brown is the ex-husband of the late Whitney Houston and a founding member of the group New Edition.
He had previously been convicted of driving under the influence. In 2003, he was also arrested for misdemeanor battery against Houston.
celebrity, dui, entertainment
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son