Marilyn Monroe's undergarments sell for $44K
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Marilyn Monroe's undergarments sold for a whopping $44,800 at a weekend memorabilia auction at a Beverly Hills gallery.
The bloomers were worn by the actress in the 1954 movie "River of No Return."
A bidder also paid $32,500 for Monroe's junior high school diploma, and a tube of Helena Rubinstein mascara owned by Monroe sold for $5,625. An Elizabeth Arden brown eyeliner pen, also owned by the actress, sold for $5,625.
The auction fetched a total of $400,000. The items came from the estate of Allan "Whitey" Snyder, Monroe's personal makeup artist for 15 years.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Tornado rips through Oklahoma City suburb 9 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Aerial views of Oklahoma tornado damage
33 min ago