Whitney Houston autopsy report says white powder, pills found in hotel room
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The final autopsy report on Whitney Houston's death says detectives found white powdery substances and a spoon with white residue in the Beverly Hills hotel room where she died.
According to the report, the 48-year-old singer had cocaine in her system at the time of her death. Her death was ruled as accidental and coroner's officials cited heart disease and cocaine use as contributing factors.
Houston died Feb. 11 after drowning in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton. The report said it was Houston's assistant who found her lying face down in a bathtub filled with water. She and a bodyguard pulled the singer out of the tub and then asked the hotel to call 911.
Investigators said they found a spoon with a white crystal-like substance in it and a rolled up piece of white paper from off the top of a counter.
"I also collected remnants of a white powdery substance from out of a drawer" and from a mirror found in the bathroom, coroner's supervisor Kristy McCracken wrote in the report.
She was nude, submerged entirely in 90-plus degree bath water for about one hour, the report says.
The report also says "an ashtray with multiple cigarette butts" was in the bathroom and a "plethora" of prescription medication bottles were collected in the hotel room.
The singer had battled addiction for years. An investigator noted in the report a hole in the singer's nose that was listed under "history of substance abuse." Friends and family said she was trying to make a comeback in the months before her death.
On her final day alive, Houston complained of a sore throat, and an assistant suggested she take a bath before preparing for a pre-Grammy party, according to the report.
The coroner has stressed that foul play is not suspected.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment, leslie miller
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed 48 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca 40 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four 5 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10