Amanda Bynes arrested for DUI in West Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Amanda Bynes was arrested in West Hollywood early Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Authorities said a sheriff's vehicle was preparing to turn right onto Santa Monica Boulevard from Robertson Boulevard when a black BMW, driven by Bynes, hit the right rear panel of the deputy's vehicle while attempting to pass at about 3 a.m.
After further investigation, the deputy determined that Bynes was under the influence of alcohol. The 26-year-old was booked at the West Hollywood Sheriff's Station and released on bail.
No one was injured in the incident. Both vehicles had minor paint damage.
Bynes has starred in movies like "She's The Man" and "Hairspray." In 2007, Forbes listed her as the fifth highest paid celebrity under 21, with earnings of $2.5 million.
celebrity, arrest, dui, entertainment, amy powell
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA 11 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders 48 min ago
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013