Amanda Bynes arrested for DUI in West Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Amanda Bynes was arrested in West Hollywood early Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Authorities said a sheriff's vehicle was preparing to turn right onto Santa Monica Boulevard from Robertson Boulevard when a black BMW, driven by Bynes, hit the right rear panel of the deputy's vehicle while attempting to pass at about 3 a.m.
After further investigation, the deputy determined that Bynes was under the influence of alcohol. The 26-year-old was booked at the West Hollywood Sheriff's Station and released on bail.
No one was injured in the incident. Both vehicles had minor paint damage.
Bynes has starred in movies like "She's The Man" and "Hairspray." In 2007, Forbes listed her as the fifth highest paid celebrity under 21, with earnings of $2.5 million.
celebrity, arrest, dui, entertainment, amy powell
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments