Amanda Bynes arrested for DUI in West Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Amanda Bynes was arrested in West Hollywood early Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Authorities said a sheriff's vehicle was preparing to turn right onto Santa Monica Boulevard from Robertson Boulevard when a black BMW, driven by Bynes, hit the right rear panel of the deputy's vehicle while attempting to pass at about 3 a.m.
After further investigation, the deputy determined that Bynes was under the influence of alcohol. The 26-year-old was booked at the West Hollywood Sheriff's Station and released on bail.
No one was injured in the incident. Both vehicles had minor paint damage.
Bynes has starred in movies like "She's The Man" and "Hairspray." In 2007, Forbes listed her as the fifth highest paid celebrity under 21, with earnings of $2.5 million.
celebrity, arrest, dui, entertainment, amy powell
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 39 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 9 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds