Coachella kicks off with headliners Black Keys
INDIO, Calif. (KABC) -- Rock duo The Black Keys are headlining the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Friday amid stormy weather.
The music festival at the Empire Polo Club is being held over two weekends for the first time. Concert organizers say both weekends sold out in less than three hours the day they went on sale in January.
The event typically draws about 85,000 people from around the world, on top of about 15,000 staff, security and vendors.
Saturday's lineup includes Warren G, who said on his website that he and Eminem would perform. However, concert organizers have not confirmed this.
The National Weather Service said a cold storm and strong winds were expected through Saturday morning for the Coachella Valley with gusts reaching 40 mph.
Coachella, music news, riverside county, entertainment
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills 7 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA hospital 31 min ago
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son