Ryan O'Neal diagnosed w/ stage 2 prostate cancer
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor Ryan O'Neal revealed more about his battle with cancer on Monday, saying he has been recently diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer.
The 70-year-old is getting ready for the release next month of a memoir about his life with Farrah Fawcett, who died of cancer in 2009.
"Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel fortunate that it was detected early, and according to my extraordinary team of doctors, the prognosis is positive for a full recovery," O'Neal said in a statement. "I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many."
CORRECTION: In an earlier press release, Ryan O'Neal's spokesman said the actor had stage 4 prostate cancer, but the spokesman now says he has stage 2 prostate cancer.
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 43 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 34 min ago