Ryan O'Neal diagnosed w/ stage 2 prostate cancer
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor Ryan O'Neal revealed more about his battle with cancer on Monday, saying he has been recently diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer.
The 70-year-old is getting ready for the release next month of a memoir about his life with Farrah Fawcett, who died of cancer in 2009.
"Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel fortunate that it was detected early, and according to my extraordinary team of doctors, the prognosis is positive for a full recovery," O'Neal said in a statement. "I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many."
CORRECTION: In an earlier press release, Ryan O'Neal's spokesman said the actor had stage 4 prostate cancer, but the spokesman now says he has stage 2 prostate cancer.
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 28 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
12 min ago