Max Factor heir Andrew Luster wants new trial in rape case
SANTA BARBARA (KABC) -- An heir to the Max Factor cosmetics fortune is fighting for a new trial.According to the Santa Barbara News-Press, Andrew Luster says he had ineffective representation and his prison sentence was miscalculated.
An appeals court panel in Ventura has ordered a hearing to consider Luster's claims.
In 2003, Luster was found guilty of drugging and raping three women. He's currently serving a 124-year sentence.
celebrity, court case, entertainment
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke