Saxophonist Tommy Marth who toured with The Killers dies in apparent suicide
LAS VEGAS (KABC) -- A saxophone player who toured with The Killers was found dead in a backyard in Las Vegas. Authorities said he died Monday from an apparent suicide.
Thomas Christian Marth, 33, suffered from a gunshot wound to the head, according to officials.
Band members offered their condolences via the group's Twitter account, saying, "Our prayers are with his family.There's a light missing in Las Vegas tonight. Travel well, Tommy."
Band spokeswoman Jen Appel says Marth was not a full member of the Las Vegas-based rock band, but played saxophone on their 2006 album "Sam's Town" and their 2008 album "Day & Age."
He also played on the band's tour for "Day & Age."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- Bynes alleges sexual assault by NYPD officer
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide