Scarlett Johansson gets Walk of Fame star before 'Avengers' release
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Scarlett Johansson received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday, just two days before the release of her latest film, "The Avengers."
The 27-year-old received the 2,470th star.
Johansson has been acting since she was 8, when she appeared in an off-Broadway production of "Sophistry." Since then, Johansson received the first two of her four Golden Globe award nominations in 2003 for her performances in "Girl With a Pearl Earring" and "Lost in Translation." She received additional Golden Globe nominations in 2004 for "A Love Song for Bobby Long" and 2005 for "Match Point."
Other film credits include "Vicky Cristina Barcelona," "The Other Boleyn Girl," "We Bought A Zoo," "He's Just Not That Into You" and "The Island."
Johansson said receiving a star close to Grauman's Chinese Theatre makes her feel like she's really made it.
City News Service contributed to this report.
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy 59 min ago
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10