Scarlett Johansson gets Walk of Fame star before 'Avengers' release
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Scarlett Johansson received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday, just two days before the release of her latest film, "The Avengers."
The 27-year-old received the 2,470th star.
Johansson has been acting since she was 8, when she appeared in an off-Broadway production of "Sophistry." Since then, Johansson received the first two of her four Golden Globe award nominations in 2003 for her performances in "Girl With a Pearl Earring" and "Lost in Translation." She received additional Golden Globe nominations in 2004 for "A Love Song for Bobby Long" and 2005 for "Match Point."
Other film credits include "Vicky Cristina Barcelona," "The Other Boleyn Girl," "We Bought A Zoo," "He's Just Not That Into You" and "The Island."
Johansson said receiving a star close to Grauman's Chinese Theatre makes her feel like she's really made it.
City News Service contributed to this report.
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- CA proposal: Kill switch for stolen phones?
37 min ago