Betty White honored by LA Parks Foundation
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Betty White received a big honor in Los Angeles.
The L.A. Parks Foundation on Thursday presented the 90-year-old with the Rose Award, which honors White's charitable work and career.
"The lovely thing is it celebrates the recreation and parks and keeping Los Angeles green," said White. "All our recreation and parks have to be protected."
White said with all of today's stresses and strains, we need our parks to replenish our souls.
Since its founding in 2008, the L.A. Parks Foundation has raised $5 million.
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Ex-IRS head apologizes for tea party scandal
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review