'Good Afternoon America' to be anchored by Josh Elliot, Lara Spencer
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- ABC announced on Monday that a one-hour spinoff of "Good Morning America," entitled "Good Afternoon America," will premiere this summer.
The show, which will air for nine weeks, will be anchored by Josh Elliot and Lara Spencer, with Sam Champion, Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos making special appearances.
"It's tremendous that 'GMA' has this opportunity to extend its reach and bring something new to the afternoons," Elliot said in a statement. "It is gratifying to play a role in it, and we genuinely hope our audience will come along for the ride."
The network said the new show will feature celebrities, music performances, pop culture news and other reporting.
"I am beyond excited and honored to be part of this new chapter for the 'Good Morning America' family," Spencer said in a statement.
"Good Afternoon America" will premiere on July 9 at 2 p.m., replacing "The Revolution."
television, abc, entertainment
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 57 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 14 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 59 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
18 min ago