Ex-insider writes film about James 'Whitey' Bulger
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An ex-insider is hoping to get a movie about notorious suspected mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger onto the big screen.
Steven Davis was in L.A. last week for meetings and a reading of the screenplay "Boston." It tells Davis' tale of his life inside the Irish mob during Bulger's reputed reign and his family's tragedy.
Davis' sister, Debbie, was killed and was allegedly one of Bulger's victims.
The screenplay is described as 140 pages of greed, murder and heartbreak, but Davis says it will not exploit.
"I'm not looking to fill my pockets. I'm not too concerned about my needs and money," he said. "This is all the torture and anguish and everything that he did to my family and me."
Davis says there is definite interest in the screenplay. However he has low expectations because there are already competing Bulger projects in development with huge stars attached like Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Mark Wahlberg.
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added 12 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate