Justin Bieber accused of battery on photographer
CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) -- Pop singer Justin Bieber was being investigated for battery on a photographer trying to snap pictures of the singer, authorities said.
Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators said the singer was with actress Selena Gomez at the Commons at Calabasas shopping center in Calabasas on Sunday afternoon, when he became involved in a physical altercation with the photographer, who was not identified.
The photographer said Bieber struck him in the face. He said the 18 year old left the scene with Gomez before deputies arrived.
The photographer complained of pain and requested medical attention. Sheriff's officials said he was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was treated and later released.
Officials said the photographer requested that a criminal report be taken on the allegation of battery.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Malibu-Lost Hills Station detectives are investigating the incident.
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal 50 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Free admission offered to all national parks 16 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour