Justin Bieber accused of battery on photographer
CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) -- Pop singer Justin Bieber was being investigated for battery on a photographer trying to snap pictures of the singer, authorities said.
Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators said the singer was with actress Selena Gomez at the Commons at Calabasas shopping center in Calabasas on Sunday afternoon, when he became involved in a physical altercation with the photographer, who was not identified.
The photographer said Bieber struck him in the face. He said the 18 year old left the scene with Gomez before deputies arrived.
The photographer complained of pain and requested medical attention. Sheriff's officials said he was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was treated and later released.
Officials said the photographer requested that a criminal report be taken on the allegation of battery.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Malibu-Lost Hills Station detectives are investigating the incident.
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown 15 min ago
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present