Justin Bieber accused of battery on photographer
CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) -- Pop singer Justin Bieber was being investigated for battery on a photographer trying to snap pictures of the singer, authorities said.
Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators said the singer was with actress Selena Gomez at the Commons at Calabasas shopping center in Calabasas on Sunday afternoon, when he became involved in a physical altercation with the photographer, who was not identified.
The photographer said Bieber struck him in the face. He said the 18 year old left the scene with Gomez before deputies arrived.
The photographer complained of pain and requested medical attention. Sheriff's officials said he was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was treated and later released.
Officials said the photographer requested that a criminal report be taken on the allegation of battery.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Malibu-Lost Hills Station detectives are investigating the incident.
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 59 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)