Tim McGraw to donate homes to veterans while on tour
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Country music star Tim McGraw is helping make dreams come true for members of the U.S. military.
In each of the 25 cities Tim McGraw performs this summer, Chase Bank, along with three non-profit military support organizations, will be giving away bank-owned homes to military families.
The families must apply to the program called Operation Homefront.
"It's the American Dream, and who deserves the American Dream more than those guys?" said McGraw. "I can't imagine anybody who does. I'm proud to be a part of it. I hope we can do more of it."
The program will start out by giving away 25 homes.
McGraw says the goal is to maybe award a thousand homes to military families, and he's excited about that.
This month he's kicking off the Brothers of the Sun Tour with Kenny Chesney.
iraq war, real estate, celebrity, entertainment
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video