Tim McGraw to donate homes to veterans while on tour
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Country music star Tim McGraw is helping make dreams come true for members of the U.S. military.
In each of the 25 cities Tim McGraw performs this summer, Chase Bank, along with three non-profit military support organizations, will be giving away bank-owned homes to military families.
The families must apply to the program called Operation Homefront.
"It's the American Dream, and who deserves the American Dream more than those guys?" said McGraw. "I can't imagine anybody who does. I'm proud to be a part of it. I hope we can do more of it."
The program will start out by giving away 25 homes.
McGraw says the goal is to maybe award a thousand homes to military families, and he's excited about that.
This month he's kicking off the Brothers of the Sun Tour with Kenny Chesney.
iraq war, real estate, celebrity, entertainment
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 58 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 34 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 13 min ago
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 6 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 7 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup 43 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions 42 min ago
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons