Tim McGraw to donate homes to veterans while on tour
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Country music star Tim McGraw is helping make dreams come true for members of the U.S. military.
In each of the 25 cities Tim McGraw performs this summer, Chase Bank, along with three non-profit military support organizations, will be giving away bank-owned homes to military families.
The families must apply to the program called Operation Homefront.
"It's the American Dream, and who deserves the American Dream more than those guys?" said McGraw. "I can't imagine anybody who does. I'm proud to be a part of it. I hope we can do more of it."
The program will start out by giving away 25 homes.
McGraw says the goal is to maybe award a thousand homes to military families, and he's excited about that.
This month he's kicking off the Brothers of the Sun Tour with Kenny Chesney.
iraq war, real estate, celebrity, entertainment
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 2 min ago
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 8 min ago
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach 9 min ago
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)