Tim McGraw to donate homes to veterans while on tour
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Country music star Tim McGraw is helping make dreams come true for members of the U.S. military.
In each of the 25 cities Tim McGraw performs this summer, Chase Bank, along with three non-profit military support organizations, will be giving away bank-owned homes to military families.
The families must apply to the program called Operation Homefront.
"It's the American Dream, and who deserves the American Dream more than those guys?" said McGraw. "I can't imagine anybody who does. I'm proud to be a part of it. I hope we can do more of it."
The program will start out by giving away 25 homes.
McGraw says the goal is to maybe award a thousand homes to military families, and he's excited about that.
This month he's kicking off the Brothers of the Sun Tour with Kenny Chesney.
iraq war, real estate, celebrity, entertainment
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 29 min ago
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 40 min ago
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought 29 min ago
- Deputies shoot, killed armed man in Compton
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo. 49 min ago
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect 22 min ago
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Kings beat Sharks 3-0, take series lead 3-2
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 17 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- 'Epic, 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast 6' in theaters
22 min ago