Amanda Bynes charged with misdemeanor DUI
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Amanda Bynes has been charged with misdemeanor DUI after investigators say she crashed into a sheriff's patrol car in West Hollywood two months ago.
Officials say the 26-year-old "What I Like About You" actress rear-ended the vehicle in the early morning hours of April 6.
The DUI charge includes an allegation that Bynes refused the officer's request to submit to a chemical test. Because of her refusal, authorities may suspend her driver's license for a year.
Bynes is set to be arraigned Wednesday but is not required to appear in person.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, arrest, dui, entertainment
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 34 min ago
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash 16 min ago
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role