Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment deemed uninhabitable after fire
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment has been deemed uninhabitable this weekend following a fire.
The actor and his family were not home when the flames broke out on Friday.
A neighbor spotted the smoke coming from a window and called for help. Investigators believe the blaze started in a dryer in the laundry room.
De Niro reportedly paid $23 million for the 15-room apartment on Central Park West.
fire, celebrity, new york, entertainment
- 1 shot, killed at North Hills nursing facility 23 min ago
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Ukraine police stand down after protest grows
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions