Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment deemed uninhabitable after fire
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment has been deemed uninhabitable this weekend following a fire.
The actor and his family were not home when the flames broke out on Friday.
A neighbor spotted the smoke coming from a window and called for help. Investigators believe the blaze started in a dryer in the laundry room.
De Niro reportedly paid $23 million for the 15-room apartment on Central Park West.
fire, celebrity, new york, entertainment
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 38 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls 27 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts