'Book of Mormon' line wraps around Pantages
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Tickets for the West Coast premiere of "The Book of Mormon" went on sale on Sunday morning, drawing a long line of fans outside the Pantages Theatre.
"The Book of Mormon" is a religious satire musical that depicts the journey of two young Mormon missionaries who are spreading the good word to a Ugandan village that's being terrorized by a warlord, famine and disease.
The musical has won nine Tony Awards, including one for best musical.
"The Book of Mormon" runs Sept. 5 through Nov. 25.
theater news, entertainment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash 42 min ago
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s 42 min ago
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Two smart watch models put to the test
22 min ago