'Book of Mormon' line wraps around Pantages
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Tickets for the West Coast premiere of "The Book of Mormon" went on sale on Sunday morning, drawing a long line of fans outside the Pantages Theatre.
"The Book of Mormon" is a religious satire musical that depicts the journey of two young Mormon missionaries who are spreading the good word to a Ugandan village that's being terrorized by a warlord, famine and disease.
The musical has won nine Tony Awards, including one for best musical.
"The Book of Mormon" runs Sept. 5 through Nov. 25.
theater news, entertainment
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area 43 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 11 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 35 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping 38 min ago
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini