Kings appear on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' with Stanley Cup trophy
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- One night after hoisting the Stanley Cup for the first time in franchise history, the Los Angeles Kings appeared on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" with the coveted trophy.
The players appeared to be enjoying the sweet taste of victory in their Tuesday night appearance. The Kings got the Hollywood treatment, which is rarely enjoyed by hockey players in Los Angeles.
In return, they let Kimmel drink out of the big Cup. So, what else have they been doing with hockey's greatest prize?
"Just drinking out of it, so far," said the Kings' Anze Kopitar. "I'm sure there will be some creative guys who will do some different things."
How does it feel to drink out of it?
"It's pretty nice," Kopitar said. "Some things you dream about and once that came true last night, it was pretty special."
It has been special as well for all the long-suffering Kings fans. They were invited to attend a Kings victory parade Thursday starting at noon at 5th Street and Figueroa that will end at L.A. Live. That will be followed by a party for fans inside Staples Center at 2:30 p.m.
If you don't have tickets, you're out of luck. The Kings offered 18,000 free tickets on their website, and all 18,000 were snatched up.
los angeles kings, entertainment, elex michaelson
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 31 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen 22 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds