Playboy Jazz Festival host Bill Cosby retires
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- After more than 30 years, Bill Cosby is retiring as the master of ceremonies of the annual Playboy Jazz Festival.
This weekend's big event at the Hollywood Bowl will be his final time hosting. He's been a fixture at the fest since it started in 1979.
Artists he's introduced over the years have ranged from Miles Davis to Lionel Hampton to Sarah Vaughan.
Hugh Hefner says in a statement that Cosby's comedic talent and passion for jazz have made an immeasurable contribution to the success of the festival.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 8 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 45 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Aug. trial set for Ohio man in kidnap case
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)