Drake expected to be arrested following Chris Brown club brawl - NY report
NEW YORK CITY (KABC) -- Police are expected to arrest hip-hop star Drake after a nightclub brawl with Chris Brown, according to one report.
At least one New York newspaper says Drake will likely face reckless endangerment charges, but Eyewitness News has not been able to independently confirm that.
The New York Police Department says several people reported hearing shots, but no witness has come forward who saw a gun.
Meantime, NBA star Tony Parker was in that nightclub during the fight and was hurt when bottles started flying.
Parker told reporters during a news conference in Paris that he would have to miss a week of practice for the French Olympic team due to an eye injury.
"I was with my friend Chris Brown and me and my friends took some punches, so I'll be missing the start of the French team because I can't do anything for a week except keep the lens in and then take drops," said Parker.
Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were also injured in the fight early Thursday at W.i.P in SoHo. Drake says he wasn't involved in the violence. His publicist said the star was leaving the club when the altercation began.
Brown took to his Twitter account following the fight, posting a photo of himself with a cut chin. He later removed the picture and other tweets about the incident that included epithets and taunts.
His publicist said in a statement, "Chris and his party are cooperating with N.Y. authorities, who are pursuing this incident further."
Brown is still on probation for the 2009 beating of his then-girlfriend Rihanna.
celebrity, new york, entertainment
- London theater partially collapses; 40 hurt 16 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 4 min ago
- 21 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash 12 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis