Lindsay Lohan's 'Liz & Dick' set monitored after actress suffers exhaustion
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Hollywood actors' union is keeping an eye on the set of Lindsay Lohan's TV movie "Liz & Dick" after the actress was treated for exhaustion last week.
Producers called paramedics to the starlet's hotel room last Friday when she wasn't responding to knocks on the door. Lohan's publicist said the 25-year-old was just napping after working long hours, and suffered exhaustion and dehydration.
Later, Lohan, who plays legendary actress Elizabeth Taylor in the Lifetime film, tweeted that she had worked 85 hours in four days.
Now, the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists is closely monitoring working conditions on the set.
Larry A. Thompson, the film's producer, said a SAG-AFTRA representative was on the set Tuesday and found no workplace violations.
In a statement, Thompson said the SAG-AFTRA representative "was totally fine with everything" she found during shooting at a Los Angeles estate. He was told there had been no complaints from guild members and that the visit was prompted by "tweets and comments in the media," he said.
The union said it will continue to pay visits to the set to enforce guild rules.
"We have spoken with representatives from the company, and they are fully aware of their contractual obligations. We will ensure that all applicable penalties will be paid," the guild said in a statement.
"Liz & Dick" is expected to wrap principal photography at the end of June after about four weeks of shooting in Southern California. The Lifetime Original Movie is based on the story of Taylor's torrid romance with actor Richard Burton, played by Grant Bowler.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 59 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry