Alex Trebek, 'Jeopardy!' host, hospitalized after mild heart attack
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek was hospitalized in Los Angeles after suffering a mild heart attack, according to a spokesperson.
Trebek was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Saturday. He is expected to make a full recovery.
"Trebek is in good spirits and is currently under observation and undergoing further testing," Sony Television spokeswoman Paula Askanas said in a statement.
The 71-year-old host is expected to return to the game show when production for the new season resumes in July. He has been the show's host for 28 years.
Meantime, while Trebek was hospitalized Saturday, "Jeopardy!" won a Daytime Emmy award for best game show.
celebrity, television, entertainment, amy powell
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 42 min ago
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend 59 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home 30 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'