Roger Slifer, cartoon producer, injured in Santa Monica hit-and-run
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for a hit-and-run driver who critically injured the producer of the television cartoon, "Transformers."
Roger Slifer was struck just before 1 a.m. on Saturday at the intersection of 5th Street and Colorado Avenue in Santa Monica. Witnesses said the driver struck Slifer while he was in the crosswalk.
The 57-year-old was hospitalized with fractured ribs and trauma to his head. Police said they are looking for a late 1990s or early 2000 white sedan that was last seen going north on 5th Street.
Anyone with information was asked to call Santa Monica police at (310) 458-8427.
hit and run, entertainment
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 58 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 11 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban 30 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached 39 min ago
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future