85th Academy Awards sees some rule changes
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has made changes to four Oscar categories for the 85th Academy Awards.
The Makeup category will now be known as the Makeup and Hairstyling Award. The board also voted to allow additional songwriters to be considered for the Original Song category.
Other new rules clarify technical requirements for awards in the Foreign Language and Visual Effects categories. In the Foreign Language Film category, films must be submitted to the Academy in 35mm or DCP.
In the Visual Effects category, nominees will be selected from a pool of 10 films chosen by the Branch Executive Committee by secret ballot. Previously, the committee could put forward as many as 10 productions or as few as seven.
Oscar rules are reviewed annually. The 85th Academy Awards will be held on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
movie news, hollywood, academy awards, entertainment
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 3 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed 29 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
56 min ago
- Mac and cheese gets upgrade at Beer Belly
43 min ago