85th Academy Awards sees some rule changes
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has made changes to four Oscar categories for the 85th Academy Awards.
The Makeup category will now be known as the Makeup and Hairstyling Award. The board also voted to allow additional songwriters to be considered for the Original Song category.
Other new rules clarify technical requirements for awards in the Foreign Language and Visual Effects categories. In the Foreign Language Film category, films must be submitted to the Academy in 35mm or DCP.
In the Visual Effects category, nominees will be selected from a pool of 10 films chosen by the Branch Executive Committee by secret ballot. Previously, the committee could put forward as many as 10 productions or as few as seven.
Oscar rules are reviewed annually. The 85th Academy Awards will be held on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
movie news, hollywood, academy awards, entertainment
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 3 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 9 min ago
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones 44 min ago
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
17 min ago