85th Academy Awards sees some rule changes
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has made changes to four Oscar categories for the 85th Academy Awards.
The Makeup category will now be known as the Makeup and Hairstyling Award. The board also voted to allow additional songwriters to be considered for the Original Song category.
Other new rules clarify technical requirements for awards in the Foreign Language and Visual Effects categories. In the Foreign Language Film category, films must be submitted to the Academy in 35mm or DCP.
In the Visual Effects category, nominees will be selected from a pool of 10 films chosen by the Branch Executive Committee by secret ballot. Previously, the committee could put forward as many as 10 productions or as few as seven.
Oscar rules are reviewed annually. The 85th Academy Awards will be held on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
movie news, hollywood, academy awards, entertainment
- London attack victim was a serving soldier 8 min ago
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released 18 min ago
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte 1 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised