85th Academy Awards sees some rule changes
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has made changes to four Oscar categories for the 85th Academy Awards.
The Makeup category will now be known as the Makeup and Hairstyling Award. The board also voted to allow additional songwriters to be considered for the Original Song category.
Other new rules clarify technical requirements for awards in the Foreign Language and Visual Effects categories. In the Foreign Language Film category, films must be submitted to the Academy in 35mm or DCP.
In the Visual Effects category, nominees will be selected from a pool of 10 films chosen by the Branch Executive Committee by secret ballot. Previously, the committee could put forward as many as 10 productions or as few as seven.
Oscar rules are reviewed annually. The 85th Academy Awards will be held on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
movie news, hollywood, academy awards, entertainment
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 33 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 39 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 41 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks