'Amazing Spider-Man' midnight debut rakes in $7.5M
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "The Amazing Spider-Man" had an amazing debut at the box office, raking in $7.5 million from its midnight premiere Tuesday.
That matches the amount "Spider-Man 3" made from its first midnight screenings in 2007. "Spider-Man 3" pulled in a then-record $151 million its opening weekend.
Industry experts expect the latest "Spider-Man" movie to take in $120 million through the Fourth of July weekend.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead 11 min ago
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC 58 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again
- Ex-'DWTS' contestants predict new winner
2 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
7 min ago