'Amazing Spider-Man' midnight debut rakes in $7.5M
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "The Amazing Spider-Man" had an amazing debut at the box office, raking in $7.5 million from its midnight premiere Tuesday.
That matches the amount "Spider-Man 3" made from its first midnight screenings in 2007. "Spider-Man 3" pulled in a then-record $151 million its opening weekend.
Industry experts expect the latest "Spider-Man" movie to take in $120 million through the Fourth of July weekend.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 18 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery 34 min ago
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting 31 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dies at 64 16 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14