Alec Baldwin donates $1M to NY Philharmonic
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Just days after tying the knot with his yoga instructor, Alec Baldwin donated $1 million to the New York Philharmonic.
The "30 Rock" actor is a Philharmonic board member and hosts its radio show, "The New York Philharmonic This Week."
Baldwin said in a statement that the gift is in honor of outgoing President and Executive Director Zarin Mehta, who he says made his dream of becoming part of the world of classical music come true.
The donation is from proceeds Baldwin received from a Capital One advertising campaign, according to the Philharmonic.
Baldwin, 54, married Hilaria Thomas in Manhattan on Saturday.
celebrity, new york, music news, entertainment
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified 49 min ago
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians