Natalie Wood's cause of death changed from 'accident' to 'undetermined,' report says
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is not commenting on a media report that actress Natalie Wood's cause of death has been changed from "accident" to "undetermined."
TMZ said the coroner has issued a new death certificate to that effect.
At the time, in 1981, it was determined that Wood drowned accidentally after drinking on a yacht off Catalina Island with her husband, Robert Wagner, and actor Christopher Walken. The investigation was reopened last November.
According to TMZ, detectives now believe that some of the evidence is inconsistent with drowning, and they can't prove whether it was an accident or foul play.
A statement from Capt. Mike Parker, a sheriff's department spokesman, simply says, "It remains an open and ongoing investigation. There are no further details."
celebrity, los angeles county sheriff's department, famous death, entertainment
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 59 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 16 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
20 min ago