Natalie Wood's cause of death changed from 'accident' to 'undetermined,' report says
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is not commenting on a media report that actress Natalie Wood's cause of death has been changed from "accident" to "undetermined."
TMZ said the coroner has issued a new death certificate to that effect.
At the time, in 1981, it was determined that Wood drowned accidentally after drinking on a yacht off Catalina Island with her husband, Robert Wagner, and actor Christopher Walken. The investigation was reopened last November.
According to TMZ, detectives now believe that some of the evidence is inconsistent with drowning, and they can't prove whether it was an accident or foul play.
A statement from Capt. Mike Parker, a sheriff's department spokesman, simply says, "It remains an open and ongoing investigation. There are no further details."
celebrity, los angeles county sheriff's department, famous death, entertainment
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 2 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 33 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 31 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker