Daniel Tosh apologizes for rape joke at Laugh Factory
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Comedian Daniel Tosh is apologizing for a joke that apparently went too far during his stand-up appearance at the Laugh Factory in Hollywood last Friday night.
A female audience member wrote anonymously on blog that Tosh "started making very generalizing, declarative statements about rape jokes always being funny, how can a rape joke not be funny, rape is hilarious."
The woman says she then yelled out, "actually rape jokes are never funny." She said Tosh then said it would be funny if she was raped.
Comedian Dom Irrera watched it happen.
"Do you think all the things we say we mean, do you think he really thought that? How stupid is the overreaction to this? You might as well say that about all comedy then," Irrera said.
Tosh tweeted, "All the out-of-context misquotes aside, I'd like to sincerely apologize."
Tosh also hosts the Comedy Central television show "Tosh.0."
celebrity, twitter, entertainment, elex michaelson
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown 8 min ago
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present