Luke Bryan apologizes for national anthem cheat sheet
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Country star Luke Bryan is apologizing after using a cheat sheet for the words to the national anthem.
The country singer sang the national anthem during Major League Baseball's All-Star game Wednesday night in Kansas City.
Thursday, he came clean and admitted he did have to glance down at the lyrics he had written on his hand.
Bryan also said he checked his watch during the performance, but that was because he knew a stealth bomber was going to fly overhead as part of the festivities, and he started a little late.
Luke says he looks forward to the next time he can sing the anthem.
The National League beat the American League 8-0.
celebrity, music news, entertainment
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man 25 min ago
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested