Conrad Murray's medical license could be permanently revoked by CA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The California attorney general's office has set out to permanently revoke the medical license of Dr. Conrad Murray.
The state is accusing Murray of being incompetent and negligent in the death of Michael Jackson in 2009.
His license was suspended following his conviction for felony involuntary manslaughter in November 2011.
Murray's suspended license could be renewed, but a revoked license cannot. Murray's attorney says he will contest the new charges.
Prosecutors said Murray abandoned medical judgment when he complied with Jackson's requests for a surgical anesthetic to help him sleep.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale 32 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures 4 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge