Conrad Murray's medical license could be permanently revoked by CA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The California attorney general's office has set out to permanently revoke the medical license of Dr. Conrad Murray.
The state is accusing Murray of being incompetent and negligent in the death of Michael Jackson in 2009.
His license was suspended following his conviction for felony involuntary manslaughter in November 2011.
Murray's suspended license could be renewed, but a revoked license cannot. Murray's attorney says he will contest the new charges.
Prosecutors said Murray abandoned medical judgment when he complied with Jackson's requests for a surgical anesthetic to help him sleep.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- How to make delicious tamales for holidays
56 min ago
- Aulani Resort is perfect holiday getaway
47 min ago