Conrad Murray's medical license could be permanently revoked by CA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The California attorney general's office has set out to permanently revoke the medical license of Dr. Conrad Murray.
The state is accusing Murray of being incompetent and negligent in the death of Michael Jackson in 2009.
His license was suspended following his conviction for felony involuntary manslaughter in November 2011.
Murray's suspended license could be renewed, but a revoked license cannot. Murray's attorney says he will contest the new charges.
Prosecutors said Murray abandoned medical judgment when he complied with Jackson's requests for a surgical anesthetic to help him sleep.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 55 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)