Charlie Sheen to donate at least $1 million to troops, USO
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor Charlie Sheen is making headlines again, but this time, it's for his generosity.
Sheen says he will donate a minimum of $1 million to the USO. It will be one of the largest single donations ever given to the troop morale-boosting organization.
Sheen says he will be donating 1 percent of the profits from his new TV show "Anger Management." He will give the minimum of $1 million, with no cap on the final amount.
"It's an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us," the comedian said.
USO is known for sending entertainers to lighten the hearts of troops. Sheen's donation will be used to build an entertainment facility for injured troops in Bethesda, Maryland.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, charity, u.s. troops, entertainment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 23 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
15 min ago