Sofia Vergara tops Forbes list of highest paid TV actresses
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- When it comes to earning the big bucks on TV, Sofia Vergara is the reigning queen.
Just three years after landing her first major series, the "Modern Family" star beat out Kim Kardashian to top the Forbes list of TV's highest paid actresses.
The Colombian-born Vergara earned $19 million between May 2011 and May 2012. But her paychecks aren't just from her hit TV series; she also makes a pretty penny with endorsement deals, in both English and Spanish, which account for $12 million of her earnings.
She and partner Luis Balaguer have also built up their company, Latin World Entertainment, from a Miami talent-management firm into a new-media powerhouse, according to Forbes. A source told Forbes that revenues from last year are estimated at $27 million.
Kim Kardashian came in second place, earning an estimated $18 million. In third place is Eva Longoria, followed by Bethenney Frankel and Khloe Kardashian.
To determine who the highest-paid actresses are, Forbes calculated their upfront pay, residuals, endorsements and advertisting work.
celebrity, television, entertainment
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card 4 min ago
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA surveillance has saved lives - Obama 38 min ago
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy