Brittany Murphy coroner lawsuit filed by father dismissed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A lawsuit filed by Brittany Murphy's father against the L.A. County Coroner's Office has been dismissed.
The late actress's father wanted the coroner to turn over Murphy's hair samples that he believed would prove she didn't die from pneumonia and anemia.
The lawsuit was tossed when Murphy's father failed to show up in court for a second time.
Murphy was found dead inside her Hollywood Hills home in 2009 by her husband, Simon Monjack.
Monjack died the following year, also as a result of pneumonia and anemia, according to the coroner.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 28 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis