Brittany Murphy coroner lawsuit filed by father dismissed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A lawsuit filed by Brittany Murphy's father against the L.A. County Coroner's Office has been dismissed.
The late actress's father wanted the coroner to turn over Murphy's hair samples that he believed would prove she didn't die from pneumonia and anemia.
The lawsuit was tossed when Murphy's father failed to show up in court for a second time.
Murphy was found dead inside her Hollywood Hills home in 2009 by her husband, Simon Monjack.
Monjack died the following year, also as a result of pneumonia and anemia, according to the coroner.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 49 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 23 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour