Brittany Murphy coroner lawsuit filed by father dismissed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A lawsuit filed by Brittany Murphy's father against the L.A. County Coroner's Office has been dismissed.
The late actress's father wanted the coroner to turn over Murphy's hair samples that he believed would prove she didn't die from pneumonia and anemia.
The lawsuit was tossed when Murphy's father failed to show up in court for a second time.
Murphy was found dead inside her Hollywood Hills home in 2009 by her husband, Simon Monjack.
Monjack died the following year, also as a result of pneumonia and anemia, according to the coroner.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 45 min ago
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims