Brittany Murphy coroner lawsuit filed by father dismissed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A lawsuit filed by Brittany Murphy's father against the L.A. County Coroner's Office has been dismissed.
The late actress's father wanted the coroner to turn over Murphy's hair samples that he believed would prove she didn't die from pneumonia and anemia.
The lawsuit was tossed when Murphy's father failed to show up in court for a second time.
Murphy was found dead inside her Hollywood Hills home in 2009 by her husband, Simon Monjack.
Monjack died the following year, also as a result of pneumonia and anemia, according to the coroner.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 48 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 21 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 27 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 29 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks