Brittany Murphy coroner lawsuit filed by father dismissed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A lawsuit filed by Brittany Murphy's father against the L.A. County Coroner's Office has been dismissed.
The late actress's father wanted the coroner to turn over Murphy's hair samples that he believed would prove she didn't die from pneumonia and anemia.
The lawsuit was tossed when Murphy's father failed to show up in court for a second time.
Murphy was found dead inside her Hollywood Hills home in 2009 by her husband, Simon Monjack.
Monjack died the following year, also as a result of pneumonia and anemia, according to the coroner.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison