Questions linger over Katherine Jackson's health, travels
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Members of the Michael Jackson family are dismissing weekend reports that Katherine Jackson was missing. Family members say she's fine and is resting in Arizona. But some are questioning her health and why she left California.
Katherine Jackson, 82, is the legal guardian for Michael Jackson's three children. She and the children are the only beneficiaries in the family to Michael Jackson's estate. But she apparently left town without telling 14-year-old Paris Jackson, who sounded the alarm publicly over the weekend.
The girl tweeted, "yes , my grandmother is missing . i haven't spoken with her in a week i want her home now."
On Monday, Jermaine Jackson, brother of the late artist, responded to the reports with strong words.
"This fallacious missing persons report was created by the very person and persons we are trying to protect our mother from," he said.
The sheriff's department confirmed that Katherine Jackson is not missing.
Jermaine Jackson says the flap is part of a conspiracy to deflect attention from the real issue: a demand by some of the siblings for the resignation of the attorneys handling the estate, John Branca and John McClain. The siblings maintain that Michael Jackson's will designating the beneficiaries was - in their words - fake, flawed and fraudulent.
Executors said that the will's validity was settled years ago, citing a challenge rejected by the Los Angeles County Superior Court, the California Court of Appeals and California Supreme Court.
The court at some point could consider a change in guardian. According to tweets from Jermaine Jackson, his mother needed an escape from the pressures at home and most of all rest, though he denies Internet reports of a possible mini-stroke.
celebrity, entertainment, miriam hernandez
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale 32 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures 4 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge