Questions linger over Katherine Jackson's health, travels
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Members of the Michael Jackson family are dismissing weekend reports that Katherine Jackson was missing. Family members say she's fine and is resting in Arizona. But some are questioning her health and why she left California.
Katherine Jackson, 82, is the legal guardian for Michael Jackson's three children. She and the children are the only beneficiaries in the family to Michael Jackson's estate. But she apparently left town without telling 14-year-old Paris Jackson, who sounded the alarm publicly over the weekend.
The girl tweeted, "yes , my grandmother is missing . i haven't spoken with her in a week i want her home now."
On Monday, Jermaine Jackson, brother of the late artist, responded to the reports with strong words.
"This fallacious missing persons report was created by the very person and persons we are trying to protect our mother from," he said.
The sheriff's department confirmed that Katherine Jackson is not missing.
Jermaine Jackson says the flap is part of a conspiracy to deflect attention from the real issue: a demand by some of the siblings for the resignation of the attorneys handling the estate, John Branca and John McClain. The siblings maintain that Michael Jackson's will designating the beneficiaries was - in their words - fake, flawed and fraudulent.
Executors said that the will's validity was settled years ago, citing a challenge rejected by the Los Angeles County Superior Court, the California Court of Appeals and California Supreme Court.
The court at some point could consider a change in guardian. According to tweets from Jermaine Jackson, his mother needed an escape from the pressures at home and most of all rest, though he denies Internet reports of a possible mini-stroke.
celebrity, entertainment, miriam hernandez
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 26 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 6 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 9 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals 16 min ago
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 52 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour