Conrad Murray lawyers want evidence retested
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Lawyers for Conrad Murray are filing an appeal in hopes of getting his manslaughter conviction overturned.
Murray is serving a four-year prison sentence for his role in the 2009 death of Michael Jackson.
The appeal centers on a bottle of the anesthetic propofol. Murray's lawyers want a test of residue found in the bottle.
Jackson died of a propofol overdose while in Murray's care. The lawyers argue that if it comes up as 100 percent propofol, it would support their theory that Jackson gave himself a fatal injection of the drug.
celebrity, legal, entertainment
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 27 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 50 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video 44 min ago
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants