Conrad Murray lawyers want evidence retested
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Lawyers for Conrad Murray are filing an appeal in hopes of getting his manslaughter conviction overturned.
Murray is serving a four-year prison sentence for his role in the 2009 death of Michael Jackson.
The appeal centers on a bottle of the anesthetic propofol. Murray's lawyers want a test of residue found in the bottle.
Jackson died of a propofol overdose while in Murray's care. The lawyers argue that if it comes up as 100 percent propofol, it would support their theory that Jackson gave himself a fatal injection of the drug.
celebrity, legal, entertainment
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 3 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 18 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 24 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 1 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe 17 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke