TMZ retracts Janet Jackson story, says pop star did not slap or verbally abuse Paris
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- TMZ was forced to retract a story that said Janet Jackson slapped Paris Jackson after the singer's lawyer threatened the celebrity gossip website.
TMZ had published a story that Janet Jackson had slapped Michael Jackson's daughter and verbally abused her during a confrontation at the Jackson family home in Calabasas last week.
But after Janet Jackson's lawyer Blair G. Brown went on "The Insider" to threaten legal action, TMZ posted on its website Wednesday that the story was incorrect.
Since the Calabasas confrontation, Michael Jackson's estate publicly acknowledged that some family members have been barred from the home where Katherine Jackson and the children live, but it did not specify which family members were not allowed at the home.
celebrity, legal, michael jackson, entertainment
- DUI driver slams into apartment, killing girl 5 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 56 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 21 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 25 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour