TMZ retracts Janet Jackson story, says pop star did not slap or verbally abuse Paris
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- TMZ was forced to retract a story that said Janet Jackson slapped Paris Jackson after the singer's lawyer threatened the celebrity gossip website.
TMZ had published a story that Janet Jackson had slapped Michael Jackson's daughter and verbally abused her during a confrontation at the Jackson family home in Calabasas last week.
But after Janet Jackson's lawyer Blair G. Brown went on "The Insider" to threaten legal action, TMZ posted on its website Wednesday that the story was incorrect.
Since the Calabasas confrontation, Michael Jackson's estate publicly acknowledged that some family members have been barred from the home where Katherine Jackson and the children live, but it did not specify which family members were not allowed at the home.
celebrity, legal, michael jackson, entertainment
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 20 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks