TMZ retracts Janet Jackson story, says pop star did not slap or verbally abuse Paris
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- TMZ was forced to retract a story that said Janet Jackson slapped Paris Jackson after the singer's lawyer threatened the celebrity gossip website.
TMZ had published a story that Janet Jackson had slapped Michael Jackson's daughter and verbally abused her during a confrontation at the Jackson family home in Calabasas last week.
But after Janet Jackson's lawyer Blair G. Brown went on "The Insider" to threaten legal action, TMZ posted on its website Wednesday that the story was incorrect.
Since the Calabasas confrontation, Michael Jackson's estate publicly acknowledged that some family members have been barred from the home where Katherine Jackson and the children live, but it did not specify which family members were not allowed at the home.
celebrity, legal, michael jackson, entertainment
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 12 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins 54 min ago
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10