TMZ retracts Janet Jackson story, says pop star did not slap or verbally abuse Paris
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- TMZ was forced to retract a story that said Janet Jackson slapped Paris Jackson after the singer's lawyer threatened the celebrity gossip website.
TMZ had published a story that Janet Jackson had slapped Michael Jackson's daughter and verbally abused her during a confrontation at the Jackson family home in Calabasas last week.
But after Janet Jackson's lawyer Blair G. Brown went on "The Insider" to threaten legal action, TMZ posted on its website Wednesday that the story was incorrect.
Since the Calabasas confrontation, Michael Jackson's estate publicly acknowledged that some family members have been barred from the home where Katherine Jackson and the children live, but it did not specify which family members were not allowed at the home.
celebrity, legal, michael jackson, entertainment
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup 1 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Baldwin Village fire likely sparked by candle 16 min ago
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen 1 min ago
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson new Christmas music video