Billy Crystal pens 5th book, talks aging baby boomers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Billy Crystal is heading back to the writing world to author his fifth book -- a work that offers his own views on getting older.
"There are 77 million of us baby boomers in the country and this book will speak to them and how we look at the world," he said.
Crystal has an agreement with Henry Holt and Company for a book that will be part memoir, part humorous meditation. Financial terms were not disclosed, though the Hollywood Reporter says it sold for $4 million.
Crystal said he is also considering adapting the book for the stage.
The book, which is currently untitled, will be released in conjunction with Crystal's 65th birthday next March.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 19 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing 34 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories 27 min ago
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10