Evelyn Lozada divorcing Chad Johnson after domestic battery charge
NEW YORK (KABC) -- After 41 days of marriage, Evelyn Lozada has filed for divorce from football star Chad Johnson.
A representative for the reality star confirmed that she filed for divorce on Tuesday. Lozada also issued a statement saying Johnson "needs help."
This comes after Johnson was arrested for allegedly head-butting Lozada during an argument over the weekend. The fight reportedly occurred after Lozada questioned Johnson about a receipt for condoms that she found.
After Johnson was released from jail Sunday, he received word that the Miami Dolphins released him from the team.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, celebrity, divorce, entertainment
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis