Evelyn Lozada divorcing Chad Johnson after domestic battery charge
NEW YORK (KABC) -- After 41 days of marriage, Evelyn Lozada has filed for divorce from football star Chad Johnson.
A representative for the reality star confirmed that she filed for divorce on Tuesday. Lozada also issued a statement saying Johnson "needs help."
This comes after Johnson was arrested for allegedly head-butting Lozada during an argument over the weekend. The fight reportedly occurred after Lozada questioned Johnson about a receipt for condoms that she found.
After Johnson was released from jail Sunday, he received word that the Miami Dolphins released him from the team.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, celebrity, divorce, entertainment
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery 12 min ago
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay 25 min ago
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Dr. Oz discusses testosterone levels, obesity
10 min ago