Evelyn Lozada divorcing Chad Johnson after domestic battery charge
NEW YORK (KABC) -- After 41 days of marriage, Evelyn Lozada has filed for divorce from football star Chad Johnson.
A representative for the reality star confirmed that she filed for divorce on Tuesday. Lozada also issued a statement saying Johnson "needs help."
This comes after Johnson was arrested for allegedly head-butting Lozada during an argument over the weekend. The fight reportedly occurred after Lozada questioned Johnson about a receipt for condoms that she found.
After Johnson was released from jail Sunday, he received word that the Miami Dolphins released him from the team.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, celebrity, divorce, entertainment
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots 11 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation 2 min ago
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries 33 min ago
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park 58 min ago
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 50 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report