Chris Brown, Drake sued over NY club brawl
NEW YORK CITY (KABC) -- Chris Brown and Drake are being hit with a lawsuit over a brawl between the stars' entourages at a New York nightclub.
The owners of the Greenhouse Nightclub filed the suit, claiming the brawl sullied the Greenhouse name as the owners try to franchise the club. The suit, worth $16 million, was filed by Entertainment Enterprises Ltd., which owns the trademark for Greenhouse. The owners of the club are not involved in the suit and declined to comment.
Brown and Drake's representatives have yet to comment on the suit.
Police say the brawl started after members of Drake's entourage confronted Brown on the dance floor as he was leaving the club's basement lounge, called W.i.P. Drake's representatives have said he was on his way out and didn't injure anyone.
NBA star Tony Parker has filed a $20 million lawsuit against the club because he was injured during the brawl.
The lawsuit points to bad blood between Brown and Drake, both of whom have dated singer Rihanna. Entertainment Enterprises believes the two men instigated, encouraged, or at least failed to stop the fight.
The city closed down the club for a time after the fight. Greenhouse reopened July 10, but it's continuing to fight a State Liquor Authority effort to revoke its liquor license.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, new york, entertainment
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'