Halle Berry wants to move to France for safety of daughter, self
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Citing safety reasons, Halle Berry tried to convince a judge Thursday to let her and her 4-year-old daughter move to France.
Berry was only seen for a few minutes before the hearing started. She sat in the back row of the courtroom and was upset when the judge said her representative of 20 years couldn't stay in the closed-door session. After that, the media and everyone in the courtroom were told to leave.
Berry hopes the judge will allow her to move to France with her daughter, 4-year-old Nahla. She claims living in the U.S. is dangerous for her and her child because the paparazzi continue to follow her around.
The actress has had several recent run-ins with the paparazzi, as well as a serious issue with a stalker who was arrested after allegedly trespassing three times near her home. She is expected to present that as evidence of the daily danger her family faces. Berry reportedly claims that the laws in France provide more privacy for her daughter.
The child's father is Berry's ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry, a male model from Canada she met at a photo shoot.
Berry and Aubry have been involved in a bitter custody dispute, and he does not want his daughter moving to France. Earlier this year, Aubry was investigated for child endangerment after Berry and a nanny accused him of pushing the nanny while she was holding their daughter. There were no charges filed in that case.
Berry's new fiance is actor Olivier Martinez, who lives in Paris.
celebrity, legal, entertainment, carlos granda
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands 28 min ago
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people 9 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video