Hope Solo says 'Dancing With The Stars' partner was not kind
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Soccer star Hope Solo is making some damaging allegations against her former "Dancing With The Stars" partner.
In her new book, "Solo: A Memoir of Hope," she accuses Maksim Chmerkovskiy of being less than kind. Solo claims from the start, he manhandled her during rehearsals: She says he pushed her, bent her arms, hit her stomach and even slapped her hard on the face.
Solo also claims ABC gave her the opportunity to continue dancing with a different partner, but she chose not to because she didn't want to look like a "prima donna," and she didn't want to end Chmerkovskiy's career.
Both ABC, which airs the show, and the BBC, which produces it, had no comment on the allegations.
Chmerkovskiy has not commented either, but he did post a mysterious tweet on Thursday without explanation that read, "Always hated hypocrites and liars...but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them. Can't win at someone's expense."
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, entertainment
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison 2 min ago
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 18 min ago
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
28 min ago