Hope Solo says 'Dancing With The Stars' partner was not kind
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Soccer star Hope Solo is making some damaging allegations against her former "Dancing With The Stars" partner.
In her new book, "Solo: A Memoir of Hope," she accuses Maksim Chmerkovskiy of being less than kind. Solo claims from the start, he manhandled her during rehearsals: She says he pushed her, bent her arms, hit her stomach and even slapped her hard on the face.
Solo also claims ABC gave her the opportunity to continue dancing with a different partner, but she chose not to because she didn't want to look like a "prima donna," and she didn't want to end Chmerkovskiy's career.
Both ABC, which airs the show, and the BBC, which produces it, had no comment on the allegations.
Chmerkovskiy has not commented either, but he did post a mysterious tweet on Thursday without explanation that read, "Always hated hypocrites and liars...but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them. Can't win at someone's expense."
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, entertainment
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'