Hope Solo says 'Dancing With The Stars' partner was not kind
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Soccer star Hope Solo is making some damaging allegations against her former "Dancing With The Stars" partner.
In her new book, "Solo: A Memoir of Hope," she accuses Maksim Chmerkovskiy of being less than kind. Solo claims from the start, he manhandled her during rehearsals: She says he pushed her, bent her arms, hit her stomach and even slapped her hard on the face.
Solo also claims ABC gave her the opportunity to continue dancing with a different partner, but she chose not to because she didn't want to look like a "prima donna," and she didn't want to end Chmerkovskiy's career.
Both ABC, which airs the show, and the BBC, which produces it, had no comment on the allegations.
Chmerkovskiy has not commented either, but he did post a mysterious tweet on Thursday without explanation that read, "Always hated hypocrites and liars...but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them. Can't win at someone's expense."
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, entertainment
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- 911 caller in Pasadena shooting pleads guilty 59 min ago
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- IE man dies after being crushed by cows
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Jimmy Hoffa search: FBI looks at MI field
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Yoga may help kids' mental, physical health
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series