'Jimmy Kimmel Live' to move to 11:35 pm slot
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Jimmy Kimmel Live" will move to the 11:35 p.m. time slot to capitalize on ratings momentum, advertising demand and increased revenue potential for entertainment programming, ABC announced on Tuesday.
The move will put ABC's late-night talk show in head-to-head competition with "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and "Late Show with David Letterman."
"Nightline" will move to the 12:35 a.m. time slot to allow viewers to begin and end their day with news, ABC said.
"Given the passionate fan base 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' has built over the past decade and the show's ratings and creative momentum this season, the time is right to make this move," said Anne Sweeney, president of Disney/ABC Television Group. "There is the potential for far greater upside over the long term with this shift, given increased advertiser demand for competitive entertainment programming in the time slot."
"Jimmy Kimmel Live" will air at its new time starting Jan. 8.
abc, television, entertainment
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees