'Jimmy Kimmel Live' to move to 11:35 pm slot
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Jimmy Kimmel Live" will move to the 11:35 p.m. time slot to capitalize on ratings momentum, advertising demand and increased revenue potential for entertainment programming, ABC announced on Tuesday.
The move will put ABC's late-night talk show in head-to-head competition with "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and "Late Show with David Letterman."
"Nightline" will move to the 12:35 a.m. time slot to allow viewers to begin and end their day with news, ABC said.
"Given the passionate fan base 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' has built over the past decade and the show's ratings and creative momentum this season, the time is right to make this move," said Anne Sweeney, president of Disney/ABC Television Group. "There is the potential for far greater upside over the long term with this shift, given increased advertiser demand for competitive entertainment programming in the time slot."
"Jimmy Kimmel Live" will air at its new time starting Jan. 8.
abc, television, entertainment
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea 28 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini
- Grand Central Market has comfort food galore
55 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
46 min ago