Drake, Chris Brown, NY club sued by model after brawl
NEW YORK CITY (KABC) -- A model who says he was hurt during a nightclub brawl between Chris Brown and Drake has filed a lawsuit against both singers and the owners of the club.
Roman Julien was sitting at a nearby table during the bottle-throwing fight at W.i.P. (Work in Progress) in June. The lawsuit claims he suffered a severed tendon in his right hand, lacerations from broken glass, a cosmetic deformity and mental distress during the melee.
The complaint also accuses Brown of having a hot temper and inciting the brawl with Drake.
The operators of the club Greenhouse and its basement lounge, W.i.P., were also named in the suit. Julien says the operators created a public nuisance by failing to provide adequate security in the club and serving liquor to intoxicated patrons.
No criminal charges have been filed in the incident. NBA star Tony Parker of the San Antonio Spurs and others were reportedly injured in the fight, which police say started after members of Drake's entourage confronted Brown on the dance floor.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, new york, entertainment
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 8 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 30 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 59 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future