Eddie Murphy may bring 'Beverly Hills Cop' to TV
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Eddie Murphy is planning to revive his "Beverly Hills Cop" role - but this time, it's for television.
The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Murphy and producer Shawn Ryan are shopping the series to the broadcast networks this week.
Murphy would return as Axel Foley, the character he played in all three "Beverly Hills Cop" comedies.
Celebrity website Vulture.com first reported the story, saying Murphy would appear in the pilot and in a few other episodes throughout the season.
There's a twist -- the show is being described as an hour-long crime procedural with comedic elements.
celebrity, television, entertainment
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate