Eddie Murphy may bring 'Beverly Hills Cop' to TV
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Eddie Murphy is planning to revive his "Beverly Hills Cop" role - but this time, it's for television.
The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Murphy and producer Shawn Ryan are shopping the series to the broadcast networks this week.
Murphy would return as Axel Foley, the character he played in all three "Beverly Hills Cop" comedies.
Celebrity website Vulture.com first reported the story, saying Murphy would appear in the pilot and in a few other episodes throughout the season.
There's a twist -- the show is being described as an hour-long crime procedural with comedic elements.
celebrity, television, entertainment
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 42 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 20 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 59 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...