Martina McBride to appear on 'Good Morning America' to support Robin Roberts
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Country singer Martina McBride is set to appear on "Good Morning America" to support her friend and "GMA" co-host Robin Roberts.
McBride will sing her Grammy-nominated song "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" during Thursday's show.
Roberts announced earlier this week that Friday will be her last day before taking an extended medical leave to treat MDS, a rare blood and bone marrow disease once known as preleukemia. Roberts, also a breast cancer survivor, will undergo a bone marrow transplant from her sister.
She appeared in McBride's video for "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" last year along with cancer survivors and Hoda Kotb, Katie Couric and Sheryl Crow.
According to a news release, McBride will announce a new partnership to help raise breast cancer awareness.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, television, abc, entertainment
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 12 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police 36 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 37 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video 6 min ago
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants