Wes Scantlin, Puddle of Mudd lead singer, arrested for alleged disturbance on plane
AUSTIN, Texas (KABC) -- Singer Wes Scantlin of the rock band Puddle of Mudd was arrested Tuesday after allegedly causing a disturbance on a cross-country jetliner flight.
Police said the pilot of a JetBlue flight requested an emergency landing to remove an unruly passenger. Details about the incident weren't immediately available, but the plane was heading from Boston to Los Angeles. It made a landing in Austin, Texas.
Scantlin, 40, was charged with public intoxication, which is a Class C misdemeanor, similar to a parking citation.
The Transportation Security Administration has not commented on the incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, arrest, entertainment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology 55 min ago
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut