Wes Scantlin, Puddle of Mudd lead singer, arrested for alleged disturbance on plane
AUSTIN, Texas (KABC) -- Singer Wes Scantlin of the rock band Puddle of Mudd was arrested Tuesday after allegedly causing a disturbance on a cross-country jetliner flight.
Police said the pilot of a JetBlue flight requested an emergency landing to remove an unruly passenger. Details about the incident weren't immediately available, but the plane was heading from Boston to Los Angeles. It made a landing in Austin, Texas.
Scantlin, 40, was charged with public intoxication, which is a Class C misdemeanor, similar to a parking citation.
The Transportation Security Administration has not commented on the incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, arrest, entertainment
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 55 min ago
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent 45 min ago
- Citibank in Tarzana robbed; suspects get away
- 3 arrested for stealing gas from Fontana station
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'