Wes Scantlin, Puddle of Mudd lead singer, arrested for alleged disturbance on plane
AUSTIN, Texas (KABC) -- Singer Wes Scantlin of the rock band Puddle of Mudd was arrested Tuesday after allegedly causing a disturbance on a cross-country jetliner flight.
Police said the pilot of a JetBlue flight requested an emergency landing to remove an unruly passenger. Details about the incident weren't immediately available, but the plane was heading from Boston to Los Angeles. It made a landing in Austin, Texas.
Scantlin, 40, was charged with public intoxication, which is a Class C misdemeanor, similar to a parking citation.
The Transportation Security Administration has not commented on the incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, arrest, entertainment
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery 40 min ago
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide 6 min ago
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims 9 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal 16 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)