Steve Wynn denies Joe Francis death threat
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Casino magnate Steve Wynn and soft porn producer Steve Francis were in a courtroom battle Wednesday over disparaging comments Francis allegedly made in 2010.
Wynn, the 70-year-old Las Vegas titan, sued the "Girls Gone Wild" founder over his claims that Wynn threatened to have him killed and buried in the desert. Wynn said Francis' claims defamed him by making that statement twice on April 12, 2010.
Wynn maintains that one of Francis' allegedly defamatory statements was made in Los Angeles Superior Court during a hearing concerning a $2 million gambling debt Francis allegedly ran up at one of Wynn's Las Vegas casinos. The second statement occurred outside the same courtroom.
Francis maintained that the threat was real and said music mogul Quincy Jones told him that Wynn wanted Francis dead in an email.
Wynn denied telling Jones he wanted to kill Francis.
"I did not send an email or tell Mr. Jones I was going to kill anybody," Wynn testified. "It is a terrible lie."
However, Francis's attorney's showed jurors another side of Wynn, a sit-down interview from the 1980s in which Wynn told a CBS News TV reporter that he would "choke" her if she didn't include certain information from the interview.
Wynn responded by saying the interview was 28 years old and that he only made that statement to get a laugh.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, court case, entertainment, miriam hernandez
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 35 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle 6 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future