Kristin Chenoweth appears on 'Live! with Kelly and Michael', chats about injuries
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Actress Kristin Chenoweth appeared on "Live! with Kelly & Michael" Friday and reported she's still recovering from injuries sustained while filming "The Good Wife" during a New York location shoot.
She told Kelly and Michael that an overhead lighting rig fell and hit her in the face, knocking her unconscious.
She called co-star Josh Charles her "angel" for being there, holding her hand, when she was revived.
The Broadway star was hospitalized on July 10 after a gust of wind blew a piece of lighting equipment out of place on the show's Brooklyn set and the equipment struck Chenoweth on the head. Chenoweth sported a neck brace while at the hospital. She was released the following day.
Chenoweth, 44, said Friday that she's recuperating from a skull fracture and injuries to her rib, neck and back.
Her injuries forced her to withdraw from her recurring role, but she is scheduled to appear on the Sept. 30 season premiere of "The Good Wife."
Chenoweth won a Tony Award for her role in Broadway's "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" and is also known for originating the role of Glinda in the musical "Wicked." She also won an Emmy for her work on "Pushing Daisies." She previously starred on the short-lived ABC sitcom "GCB," which was canceled after two months on air.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
36 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
31 min ago