Steve Wynn, Joe Francis defamation suit given to jury
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Casino mogul Steve Wynn's defamation suit against "Girls Gone Wild" creator Joe Francis is now in the hands of the jury.
Most of the day Friday was spent presenting closing arguments to the jury, who got the case just before 2:30 p.m.
The Las Vegas hotel owner claims Francis slandered him by falsely saying Wynn threatened to kill him over a gambling debt.
Music mogul Quincy Jones testified against Francis on Thursday. Francis claims he heard about the threats from Jones, who is his friend and neighbor. But on the stand, Jones denied hearing Wynn make any threats.
celebrity, court case, entertainment
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 53 min ago
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested 57 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather 30 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)