Steve Wynn, Joe Francis defamation suit given to jury
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Casino mogul Steve Wynn's defamation suit against "Girls Gone Wild" creator Joe Francis is now in the hands of the jury.
Most of the day Friday was spent presenting closing arguments to the jury, who got the case just before 2:30 p.m.
The Las Vegas hotel owner claims Francis slandered him by falsely saying Wynn threatened to kill him over a gambling debt.
Music mogul Quincy Jones testified against Francis on Thursday. Francis claims he heard about the threats from Jones, who is his friend and neighbor. But on the stand, Jones denied hearing Wynn make any threats.
celebrity, court case, entertainment
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 14 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10